Wednesday 14 July 2010

Shirt design update

So i'm a little frustrated with the design at the moment, initially due to colour issues but mainly now concerning the composition as it still seems so empty.

This is how I intend the design to look, but as you can see the black area which blends Sammo's suit into the canvas clashes with Jackie's pants. I did try gradients, one of which can be seen in the previous image that I posted....but I felt it wasn't working. Lola's hair is also an issue, temporarily cut it into strands to seperate it from the rest of the image.




So then I experimented with the thought of putting a slight border around the edge of everything inside so that there wouldn't be any clashing of colours, but I feel that the border takes the heart out of the collage so I think i'll ultimately be removing this.




And recently i've now been jotting down some ideas on seperate layers for filling the gaping voids, as you can see i've been thinking about including some of the additional characters and also some subtle imagery. But at this point i'm still thinking about how best to go about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment