Sunday 15 August 2010

Inception

Finally got around to seeing it, I had to go on my own in the end as no one wanted to and watch it with me. I knew i’d like it because i’ve always believed there is more to the mind than we understand (ie. dreams, dejavu, etc.) so the concept was right up my street. It’s a really good film, but not fantastic.

It wasn't a mind job like everyone has been saying….you just need to be able to follow what is going on. A few of Nolan's regulars were in there from his previous Batman outings, although I found it interesting that he brought in Joseph Gordon-Levitt for this film, because even though he was great in his role I somehow felt that this decision was a prerequisite for Nolan to cast him in a future movie. When you consider that Gordon-Levitt carries an almost remarkable resemblence to the late Heath Ledger, it begs the question of whether Nolan has already thought of how to replace the oscar winning portrayal of 'The Joker' in his next Batman film.




Leonardo Dicaprio was also brilliant in the film, coupled with his performance in 'The Aviator' he is well on the way to becoming one of my favourite actors. Ellen page also played her part well but I felt that her introduction into the film was rushed and it was fairly obvious that her role in the movie was written as a means to explain the main premise of the film.

I just found this poster for the film, whilst I can understand why they used the posters they did I think that this one really nails the concept. This is exactly what I had in mind when I was watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment